Monday, October 1, 2007

Conference Blog

Am busying myself here at the Conservative Party conference in Blackpool. The atmosphere is really very upbeat and we are all ready for an election. I have a few meetings today regarding the strategy for winning Brigg and Goole. I am meeting with a few groups this evening which have an interest in issues in the constituency which I am sure will be of use.

The best news to come from the conference thus far is our commitment to abolish inheritance tax on homes under £1 million and to take 9 out of 10 first time buyers out of stamp duty. I know how important that last pledge is for people of my age group who very often struggle to save for a deposit never mind pay stamp duty!

I spent some time yesterday talking to the Post Office representatives here. There is massive concern across Brigg and Goole about the forthcoming Post Office closure announcements which are due out imminently. I told them that I thought Post Office closures, the scrapping of second delivery and the scrapping of Sunday collections did little to ensure continued public support for our Post Offices. Maybe that is what the Government want, it would certainly make it easier for them to get their Post Office closures through!

I have to run off now and go to a meeting about the target seat campaign for Brigg and Goole.

1 comment:

  1. Guys just sharing, I've found this interesting! Check it out! https://goo.gl/Xdyz3r

    more info

    ReplyDelete