Thursday, October 11, 2007

Post Office Petition and Survey Launched


I seem to have picked up what Pat my PA calls 'Man Flu' at conference, so I am a little out of it this week. However, my petition against the closure of local Post Offices seems to have gone down well. I also produced surveys for several of the villages which, despite the postal strike, are coming back in a goodly number.

I thought it important to make sure as many residents as possible are given the opportunity to comment on Labour's proposals to close 5 Post Offices in our area. I am just hoping this is not going to be another sham consultation in which there is no possibility of the proposals not becoming reality. We shall see ....

I'm off for another lemsip before heading back to bed. I hope I am well tomorrow as I am due to meet with some of the Flood Action Group which we set up to fight the Environment Agency's River Aire Flood Catchment Plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment