Monday, September 24, 2007

Real Aid Flood Appeal

I have just been and handed over £200 for the Real Aid Flood Charity which is working closely with East Riding Council to help assist flood victims in the East Riding.


The money was raised by way of a charity football match organised by Blaine Robin who works at CCHQ.

Blaine phoned me after the flooding to see if there was anything he could do to help. He came up with the idea of a football match and as a result £200 was raised. The photo shows me handing the cheque over to the charity which is based in Beverley. Sincere thanks must go to Blaine and all those who took part.

In other news, I just got an e-mail from a friend I worked with in the states but haven't heard from for a while. He has now got back in touch thanks to this blog! I spent a year on work experience in the states when I was a student. I worked in politics which was great, especially because as I was paid by the Government, rather than a political party, and so I got to work with politicians of both parties. That was while Clinton was still President which seems an age ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment