Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Riding Around in Goole


Cllr Caroline Fox and I are pictured volunteering at East Riding Council's 'Riding Around' event in Goole recently.
I had meant to put it on the blog last week but my little car accident rather delayed things. Anyways, I am mobile again from tomorrow with a new(er) car!
The 'Riding Around' event is a really good idea and seeks residents views in helping set the priorities of the local area. Conservative run East Riding Council's progressive approach can be contrasted with Labour run North Lincolnshire Council who prefer to take decisions without asking the public, as evidenced by their decision to scrap free parking in Brigg without ANY consultation with local people.
Poor Caroline wont like the fact the photo has her with her eyes closed. Who said politicians were blind to the wishes of the people.
I see we have no general election announced yet - yawn. Am I the only one getting really bored of all the election talk? Let's stop the messing and have one, then we can get some stability back.

No comments:

Post a Comment